Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Card

Hi Stampers!
Sorry I didn't share yesterday like I had planned, but it was a pretty hectic day for me and I just didn't have time to get on the computer all day yesterday! My friends and I celebrated one of our friend's birthday yesterday and it was quite a "molecular" experience! We went to this restaurant called The Bazaar at the SLS Hotel. It was very interesting and the food and desserts were yummy!!! I highly recommend it, if you are adventurous with your food! :o)

Today, I am going to share the Father's Day Card I made for my Dad. It was so much fun to make and came together in about 10 minutes! You can't beat. I got the instructions and template for the collar from Amy Celona's blog: Ustamp4Fun. She has lots of great projects and almost always includes instructions to download!






This is what the card looks like slightly opened? Isn't it just a neat looking card? When my Dad saw it he loved it! The base of the card is made using Very Vanilla Cardstock. The DSP I used is Parisian Breeze Specialty (retiring), the sheet with the narrow stripes. This DSP is gorgeous and it is textured, I love it! It was adhered directly to the Very Vanilla card base. The collar was made out of Baja Breeze Cardstock (also retiring). The larger part of the color is adhered with SNAIL and the smaller pieces of the collar were adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. The tie was easy peasy, lemon squeezy! I found a tutorial on Susan Boyd's blog, Card Of The Week.com. She has a video tutorial on how to fold an origami tie and also instructions available to download! Love that! In the video, she uses a 4x4 square piece of paper, but I didn't want the tie that big so I used a 2x2 square piece of DSP and it was just right. The tie was made using the solid sheet of Close To Cocoa DSP from the retired Berry Bliss. I attached the tie with Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL, then added the Silver Mini Deco Fasteners to the ends of the collar. That's it, easy right?

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Series Paper, Berry Bliss Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Silver Mini Deco Fasteners, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Piercing Tool

Tomorrow I'll be sharing the 3rd project from my upline's workshop that I was supposed to share with you yesterday.

Happy Father's Day to my Dad and all Dad's!


1 comments:

Aimee said...

What a great card. I haven't seen one quite like this. Great job! :)