Monday, June 14, 2010

May Workshop Projects-Part 1

Hi Stampers!
I know I have been absent for a few weeks but I apologize. I've had a crazy last few weeks or I should say month! Plus, with the end of the school year and the summer program starting, things have been hectic at work. I also got away for a weekend and went to Vegas, watched the Jabbawockeez perform and was surprised with tickets to go see The Beatles Love at The Mirage. If you've never seen it I highly recommend it. Especially if you love the music of The Beatles. Oh my goodness it was beautiful and engaging and just amazing!!

Okay, enough babbling and on to the projects. These were projects that we did at my Summer Mini Workshop in May. The projects were all CASEd from different places, so enjoy!



Here are the 3 projects together, aren't they great?



Here's the first card we made. It was a complete CASE from Connie Babbert. You can find her original card at her blog, Inskpired Treasures. If you look at her card the only differences are that I didn't use the brads in the center of the flowers or the Designer Label Punch for the sentiment because I don't have them. Hee,hee ;o) Isn't it a beautiful card? I love that the colors all play off from the strip of the Island Oasis Designer Series Paper. Oh ya, she also used the Polka Dot Impressions Folder on the Whisper White Cardstock and I did not.

The base of the card is Rose Red and then layered a piece of Whisper White Cardstock on top. I punched out three 1/2" circles out of Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red and Old Olive. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. It was stamped in Tempting Turquoise and I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement!

The three flowers are from the NEW Tropical Party stamp set and were stamped in Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise. They were cut out and popped up with Dimensionals. For the leaves, I stamped a 4th flower in Old Olive and cut out the petals to be used as leaves! Wasn't Connie creative with that idea?! Lastly, I placed a piece of Old Olive cardstock directly above the piece of Island Oasis DSP. Tada, beautiful card finished! :o)


All Supplies Stampin' Up! (unless otherwise indicated)
Stamps: Tropical Party, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Old Olive, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Rose Red, Island Oasis Designer Series Paper
Accessories: 1/2" Circle punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals

Just a quick reminder that you have until the end of the month to purchase any items from the last chance lists! Contact me if you'd like to order or if you have any questions.


Order from me 24/7 by clicking HERE.


0 comments: