Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Hi Stampers!

Today is Wednesday, otherwise known as WIP (Works In Progress) Wednesday. I mentioned this a few months back, but to refresh your memory, every Wednesday I will be posting any knitting projects that I may currently have on the needles and that I am working on. Knitting is one of my new obsessions, er hobbies, that I have taken up and I am enjoying it very much. In fact that has been keeping me busy a lot these days!




This week's project is the Iris Mystery Shawl by Krazy Kitty Knits. It was originally intended to be a Knit-along but I unfortunately did not have the time to participate even though I signed up. So I am working on it now. Right now I am just about finished with Chart 1, after having to rip out and start over when I had started Chart 2. :( That was very disheartening to say the least.



Here's a close-up of the shawl. Of course right now it doesn't look like much of a shawl since this is the starting point but I do love the colors of the yarn I chose to use. The pattern is written specifically for hand painted yarns, in order to show off all the pretty colors. It is my first shawl and my first lace project so I am both excited and nervous about the project. I do hope it turns out well. The yarn I am using is the Knit Picks Stroll in the Make Believe colorway. It's a lovely variegated yarn with different purples, greens and teals. So beautiful! I am knitting it on US size 6-4.0mm (24") circular needles, also from Knit Picks.

Oh, and don't you just love my cute little gnome project bag? It's what I'm using to keep my shawl and ball of yarn in while working on it. I so love it very much! I bought it from Knitting Geisha on etsy. She has lots of great bags that are so cute! =)

Well, that's all for today! Be sure to tune in tomorrow, I'll be sharing my July Thank You cards with you all. =) Have a great day and Happy Stampin' and Knitting. ;)


*************************************************************************************

Priscilla's Reminders:
  • August 31st is the last day to place an order from the Summer Mini Catalog. So if you've been on the fence about any particular products, act now before it's gone!
  • August 31st is also the last day for the Buy 3, Get 1 Free Designer Series Promotion.
  • Stampin' Up! will donate $2* from the sale of each Strength & Hope set and Strength & Hope digital kit to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) through the end of August.
  • Place an order online, 24/7 by clicking here.
  • Contact me anytime.


0 comments: