Monday, October 6, 2008

Somi's 2nd Birthday

Hi Stampers! Sorry for the delay in posting but I've been busy watching the Dodgers play and win in the NL Division Series! It was so exciting to watch them win and move on to the NL Championship Series vs. the Phillies. It's been 20 years since the Dodgers made it to the post season and the excitement is in the air!! Go Dodgers!!!

On Saturday it was my "niece's" 2nd Birthday. The party was a circus theme and although it rained here in Los Angeles, the party was lots of fun and the children still stayed outside in the Jumper and played in the rain. It was lots of fun! Below is the card that I made for her birthday using a retired set called, Fairies. This was one of my favorite sets and I was sad to see it retired but I still use for personal projects, since I can't use it at workshops. It is basically the same as the Flight of the Butterfly card I posted here, but I changed the main image, flipped the layout around and used the Birthday Embossing Folder with the Cuttlebug to emboss the Pink Pirouette Card. I colored in the image using the Blender Pens and all of the New In Colors. The mushroom was colored in with Creamy Caramel, the dirt and faerie's hair with Chocolate Chip. I think there's something missing, a ribbon perhaps but I still liked the way it turned out. I've also shared some pictures below of myself and friends at Somi's Birthday.





All Supplies Stampin' Up! (unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Fairies
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Bella Rose Designer Series Paper, Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On Ink, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Creamy Carmel, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Blender Pens, Stampin Dimensionals, Birthday Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug Machine



Here's the Birthday Girl Somi and her Mom and Dad, Angelica and Isom.




Above is a train that was rented for the party to go along with the Circus theme. It was lots of fun having the train drive us up and down the street. And of course the children loved it!


The pictures above are of one of our other best friends, Roz with her two boys RJ and Roman. Aren't they cute!?



This is George (Christine's husband) and their son George Jr. in the middle. He looks so small on the train but he enjoyed it.




Here's a picture of myself and Roman going for a ride on the train. He loves trains (Thomas and Friends in particular) so he could not get enough of riding on this train!



This is Roz and I, don't we look lovely? Hee,hee.




Somi and the clown that was their painting faces and doing magic tricks. I'm not sure why Somi was so serious in most of her pictures because she is such a cute, fun loving little girl. Maybe she was tired...




Last picture of Somi getting ready to blow out her Birthday Candles.

That's it for tonight. I have to go back to work on some other birthday cards I need to make as well as some projects for a workshop that I'll be having on Saturday. Plus Heroes is on and I don't want to miss a minute of it! Have a good night and Happy Stampin'!

0 comments: