Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Halloween Goodies, Finally...

Hi Stampers! As promised here are the Halloween Goodies I made for some friends as well as for the children and some of the teachers at the school I work at. Again, I apologize for taking so long to get these posted but better late than never! All the projects were so quick and easy to do, if you'd like more details on any of the items feel free to email me and I'll give you the info. you need. Enjoy!




The Bags I made above are actually called, Box in a Bag. They come together so fast using Designer Series Paper and cardstock. For these, I used the Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black Cardstock. The image is from the Eat, Drink and Be Scary set available in the Holiday Mini Catalog. It was stamped using Basic Black in onto Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and punched out with the Small Tag Punch. The Basic Black layer is punched out using the Tag Punch. I then used the Round Tab Punch to punch the "handles" for each bag out of Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock. I used the Black Grosgrain and Only Orange Grosgrain Ribbon to tie the bags closed. Oh, and I attached the tags to the ribbon using Fibers that are no longer available through Stampin' Up! Directions on how to assemble these bags can be found at Inking Addict. Scroll down towards the end of this post for details on how to make the candy bar wrappers!

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Eat, Drink and Be Scary
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Only Orange Grosgrain Ribbon, Fibers, Crop-A-Dile, Round Tab Punch, Tag Punch, Small Tag Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Sticky Strip





This is a group picture of the goodies I made for the children from my school. We have a "No Candy" policy so the chocolate bars went to the teachers and the bags and pencils went to the children.




The Cello bags were made using the Medium Flat Cello bags and sealed with the topper made out of Pumpking Pie and Basic Black Cardstock. Again the tag was made using the Eat, Drink and Be Scary set from the Holiday Mini. I stamped the witches hat, onto Whisper White Cardstock using Basic Black ink and cut out then attached with Stampin Dimensionals. Like I said before, our school has a "No Candy" policy so the treat bags included Teddy Grahams, Play-Doh, a bug and some Halloween Shaped Marshmallows. The children and parents loved them!

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Eat, Drink and Be Scary
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Small Tag Punch, Tag Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Medium Flat Cello Bags




These adorable pencil holders were CASEd from Jamie Sears' blog, Stamping Mommy of 4. I had to change my measurements because hers is for 3 pencils and I was only going to include 1 pencil for each child. Aren't they great? And again, they are so easy to make! I got the pencils at Walmart, I think they were 10 pencils in a pack for $1! Once again, I used the Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper and Basic Black Cardstock. The pouch is sealed closed using 2 brads on each corner, which were hidden by tying a ribbon around the pouch using the Only Orange Grosgrain Ribbon. Then just take your pencil and tuck it in the pouch and it's done!



All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper, Basic Black
Accessories: Only Orange Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Mini Deco Fasteners, Paper Piercer






And lastly, one of the funnest projects I made were these Frankenstein and Mummy Candy Bar Wrappers! I just love the way they turned out! And tucked in each one is either a fun size Kit Kat Bar or Hershey's Bar! I got the idea and instructions from again, the fabulous Angie Juda at ChicNScratch. Thanks for the idea Angie! The tutorial for the Mummy can be found here, and for Frankenstein here.

The Frankenstein is made out of Old Olive Cardstock and the hair using Basic Black Cardstock. I cut his hair out myself, just used the Paper Snips and cut jagged lines of different lengths. Very Easy. I drew in the nose and mouth using a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. The eyes were made by punchin out the circles from Whisper White Cardstock using the 1/2" Circle Punch and punching out circles from Basic Black Cardstock using the 1/4" Circle Punch.

For the Mummy, I used Creamy Caramel and Very Vanilla Cardstock. The Very Vanilla is torn into different sized strips and sponged with Creamy Caramel Ink to give it an aged look. The eyes are made out of Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock using the 1/8" and 1/4" Circle Punches.

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps:
None
Ink: Creamy Caramel
Paper: Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Accessories: 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/8" Circle Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Stampin' Sponge

Phew! Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed looking at my samples. Stay tuned tomorrow for some more samples from a Holiday Mini Class I participated in. Until then, Happy Stampin'!

My 2nd Signature

0 comments: