Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween Treats Class

Hi Stampers! I first want to apologize for the lack of posts this last week or so. As you know from my last post, I was sick (food poisoning) and just did not have th energy to post or stamp. Then, on Thursday I had to fly out to Dallas, TX for the NAEYC Conference and was gone through Sunday. I was hoping to get some stamping done and post on my blog but life got in the way as it tends to. So again I apologize and I do still have some of the Halloween treats that I made for some friends, teachers and the children at my school.

Today I'll be sharing some projects that I made through the Halloween Treats Class that the wonderful Angie Juda had available over at ChicNScratch. I love her blog, so do check it out when you get the chance! The projects were so much fun and easy to make, I had a blast! Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed making them!


Here is a group shot of the projects that I made. Angie also had a Peppermint Patty Halloween Sandwich project and matching Cello Bag but as crazy as this sounds, I could not find any of the Peppermint Patties anywhere! I looked and looked, and found some square ones but not the round ones, which are what I needed. Well, if I find them I will make the final project and post it here. (crossing my fingers) Aren't the projects just great! I love the Frankenstein box!

Here's Frankie! He is so stinkin' cute I can't stand it! I had a blast making this box, and it came together quick and easy too! Now Angie provided all the supplies needed to create the projects (paper, accessories, etc.) but not the stamped images since it is against Stampin' Up! policy to do so. For the Frankie Box she even provided the wire for the handle!

Okay now for the details: the box is made out of Kiwi Kiss cardstock and the hair is made using Basic Black textured cardstock. The hair was provided already cut, but I believe Angie uses a scrapbooking template to cut the hair. If you wanted to, you could just as easily cut the hair freehand making sure to make jagged, long and short cuts. The white of the eyes is punched with the 1" circle punch out of Whisper White cardstock. The eyelids and nose are also punched with the 1" circle punch using Kiwi Kiss cardstock. Lastly, the black part of the eyes is punched using the 3/4" circle punch out of Basic Black cardstock. I adhered the eyelids and nose with Stampin' Dimensionals, songed some Basic Black ink on them. Then I used the Signo White Gel Pen to make the eye accents. I recommend using Sticky Strip to assemble the box, to ensure that it doesn't come apart. The last step is to punch 1/8" circles on either side of the box, twist the wire around a pencil, pull it through and using wire pliers bend the ends. OH, I almost forgot his mouth! I used the Basick Black Stampin' Write marker to make his mouth, which is basically a "W". Quick and easy don't you think?!


All supplies Stampin' Up! (unless otherwise noted):
Stamps:
None
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black Textured Cardstock, Whisper White
Accessories: 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/8" Circle Punch, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Signo White Gel Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge, Wire pliers and Rebar Wire (non-Stampin' Up!)




The final two projects were the Pillow Box and the Basket. Both items were made using the Big Shot and the Pillow Box die and the Baskets and Blooms Die. The Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper was also used for both projects. Again they came together rather quickly. For the tag on the Pillow Box you will need to punch out the large tag out of Basic Gray cardstock and the smaller tag out of Whisper White Cardstock. Before punching out the small tag, you will need to stamp your image from the Eat, Drink and Be Scary set. You will need to color in the image using Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black Stampin' Write markers, and then stamp unto the Whisper White. Once this is done, you will take your Small Tag Punch, line it up and punch. I then used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole at the edge of the tag and adhered a brad. Use black thread to attach the tag to the Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon around the pillow box. Again use sticky strip when putting together the pillow box to make sure it stays together. Also, make sure you fill the box with your goodies before sealing it up the ends!

The Basket has no stamping required! You just run the die through the Big Shot using the Basket and Blooms Die and Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper and assemble. Of course, remember to use Sticky Strip. Then add the Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, add your goodies and you're done! How quick is that?!

Oh, I almost forgot about the test tube! This was provided for us and I believe Angie bought them at Michael's they are from Martha Stewart and were available during Halloween. I'm not sure if they are still available. You just basically stamp your image from the Batty For You stamp set, onto Whisper White Cardstock using Green Galore ink and punch it out with the 1" Circle Punch. Then stamp the image again onto Green Galore cardstock using Basic Black ink and punch this out using the 1-3/8" Circle Punch. Attach the Frankenstein image onto the Green Galore circle and punch out a Scallop Circle out of Basic Black cardstock. Attach the first two layers onto the Scallop Circle using Stamin' Dimensionals. Take your Paper Piercing Tool and pierce holes in the center of each scallop. Then thread through the Black Grosgrain Ribbon, tie it around the test tube and voila! All that's left is to fill them with your goodies. I filled mine with M&M's but forgot to take a picture of it. Sorry!

All Supplies Stampin' Up! (unless otherwise noted)-Pillow Box and Basket:
Stamps: Eat, Drink and Be Scary
Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Pillow Box Big Shot Die, Baskets and Blooms Big Shot Die, Big Shot, Small and Large Tag Punch, Crop-A-Dile, Black eyelets, Black thread, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon

All supplies Stampin' Up! (unless otherwise noted)-Test Tube:
Stamps: Batty For You
Ink: Basic Black, Green Galore
Paper: Basic Black, Green Galore, Whisper White
Accessories: 1" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Stampin' Dimensionals, Test Tube (non-Stampin' Up!)

Well, that's it for tonight! Happy Stampin'!

My 2nd Signature

0 comments: