Thursday, June 18, 2009

Urban Upsy Daisy

Hi Stampers!
It's such a beautiful sunny day today, I'm loving it! I was so getting tired of the June Gloom we were having and am very happy to see the days warming up. I love the hot, summer weather! :o)

Today I will be sharing one of the cards I made a few week's ago at my upline Yolanda's house. She is very creative, and has a Monthly Hostess Club that I try to attend often because she comes up with some great ideas! Plus, they are lots of fun and she has the Big Shot so I get to play with that too since I don't have it yet. ;o)



This is one of the cards we made at the June Hostess Club. Isn't it lovely? Before stamping the image, I used the Embossing Buddy and rubbed onto our paper to make sure that the embossing powder goes only where I want it. Then I stamped the flowers from Upsy Daisy in Versamark Ink onto the Urban Garden Designer Series Paper. I then poured White Embossing Powder and used a Heat Gun to emboss the image. This technique works best on dark colored cardstock or DSP. Don't the flowers just pop out?
The DSP was then layered onto Baja Breeze Cardstock and I stamped the sentiment, also from Upsy Daisy, onto a strip of Whisper White Cardstock using Kiwi Kiss Ink. The final step was to use the Kiwi Kiss Ribbon and tie it around a white paper clip and attach that to the card base. C'est tout, that's all! Quick, but a very elegant result.

All Supplies Stampin' Up! (unless otherwise indicated)
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Versamark
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Urban Garden Designer Series Paper
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Kiwi Kiss Ink, Heat Gun (tool), Embossing Buddy, Kiwi Kiss 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, white paperclip (Office Depot)

That's all for today. Check back tomorrow, when I'll be sharing the 2nd card we made at Yolie's house. Remember to check the Last Chance List daily for updates!

Have a great Thursday and Happy Stampin'!

1 comments:

Netta said...

That card is very very pretty! I need a sympathy card and I think that would adapt into one very easy! Thanks for sharing!!