Sunday, June 14, 2009

I'm Back...and Graduation Favors

Hi Stampers!
I wanted to first off apologize for my long absence. This past school quarter was hectic to the say least, plus things were really busy outside of school as well. That being said, I was left with very little time to stamp. :o( But not so anymore! Yay, school is over for the summer which means I will have more free time to stamp. In fact, despite feeling a bit under the weather, I managed to do some stamping today. Actually, I have projects to share with you all for the entire week. Isn't that exciting! :o)

The first project I'm going to share are some graduation favors I made for my cousin Claudia. She graduated on Saturday from Cal State L.A. We are all very proud of her and wish her all the best in her future career!! So...I decided to make some favors to give to her guests at her Graduation Party. They came out darn cute if I do say so myself!


I got the inspiration to make these cute little Graduation Favors when I saw them over at Becky Robert's blog, Inking Idaho. As soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to make these for my cousin, and they were easy to make. I made a total of 70, but didn't take a picture of them all! Stop by her blog when you get the chance, she has some great projects and tutorials available!

Cal State L.A.'s school colors are black and gold so I used Basic Black Cardstock and punched out squares using the 1-3/8" Square Punch. I made the tassles out of DMC Embroidery Floss. I don't remember the name of the color but it was a dark yellow, not quite "Gold" but it matched Claudia's actual tassle perfectly. I found a video on You Tube that showed how to make a tassle, very quick and easy! I attached the tassle to the "cap" with silver mini deco fasteners and then adhered them to a Hershey's Nugget using Glue Dots. That's it, quick and easy. The guests and my cousin loved them!

All Supplies Stampin' Up! (unless otherwise noted):
Stamps:
None
Ink: None
Paper: Basic Black
Accessories: 1-3/8" Square Punch, Silver Mini Deco Fasteners, DMC Embroidery Floss (Michael's), Glue Dots, Piercing Tool, Hershey's Nuggets (Target)

Just a quick reminder to check out the Last Chance List of Accessories as it is updated daily to show you what is still available. Don't wait to get any of the accessories you might want because they may be gone and it will be too late! If you have any questions please feel free to email me or call me. Place your Last Chance orders online 24/7!

Have a great night and Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Great job and very CASE-worthy! TFS

MintStamps said...

I love this! Such a cute idea. I may borrow that in 2 years when my daughter graduates from high school. thanks for sharing.