Monday, June 15, 2009

My First Flower Pot Card, But Definitely Not My Last!

Hi Stampers!
I had a few birthdays coming this month so I decided to try my hand at those beautiful flower pot cards that have been floating around all over the internet right now. So what do you think?





This card was so easy to make, I was very surprised! Actually, I found a template on the wonderful Andrea Walford's Blog which helped a lot! She is a fellow demo from Canada and has lots of great tutorials and class planners available for other demonstrators. You can check out her blog by going here.


As you can see, the insert of the flower pot pulls out and that is the part of the card where you would stamp your greeting and write your own sentiments to the receiver. Isn't that nifty? And the best thing is that if you arrange the flowers just right, you will be able to fit this beautiful card in a regular sized A2 envelope! WooHoo. Imagine how much your family and friends would love getting this beautiful card in the mail?




Most of these cards have been made using the Daisies #2 and other flower dies for the Big Shot, or hand cut out the flowers from Fifth Avenue Floral. But since I don't have either, I improvised and used the Five Petal Flower Punch. The leaves were also made out of the Five Petal Flower Punch, punched out of Kiwi Kiss Cardstock and then I ran them through the Crimper to get that texture on them. I then just layered each flower over the "leaves" and attached them with Stampin' Dimensionals and also attached the completed flowers with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The red buttons are Riding Hood Red Buttons from the Button Bouquet (which are no longer available, sorry!) and the pink buttons are Pretty in Pink from the Soft Subtles button collection which is also retired (again sorry). I think they really look good on the flowers don't you? I also used the Scallop Edge punch on the Kraft colored rim of the pot and Bella Rose Designer Series Paper for the flower pot. The "Birthday Celebrations" is from the Upsy Daisy Stamp Set and was stamped on Whisper White Cardstock using Kiwi Kiss Ink. To hold the card together, I tied a piece of Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla 3/8" Satin Ribbon. That's it!

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Whisper White, Kraft, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Bella Rose Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla 3/8" Satin Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Five Petal Flower Punch, Button Bouquet, Soft Subtles Button Collection, Crimper, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Have a great Tuesday and Happy Stampin'!

0 comments: